You guys, can I share something exciting with you? Okay, thanks.. I will! This blog is really the best thing I could have done for myself. At first it was for a creative outlet because I love to write and take photographs but it’s become so much more than that, and I couldn’t be happier about it. As you know if you read my office space blog post, I left the corporate world in May and have been blogging full time since. It was a scary decision but honestly one of the best decisions I’ve made because hard work pays off. If you are thinking about starting a blog, starting a new business venture or maybe even trying to reach a new fitness goal keep reading to see 5 Reasons why you should just go for it!
At first it was incredibly difficult, I’m not going to lie. I received negative comments on my blog and social media, also I was turned down by many companies I wanted to collaborate with. I realized quickly blogging was similar to a sales job in many ways. Some days I’m on a major high- those days when I received a ton of positive comments on my blog, get lots of views on a post I just published, positive comments on social media and companies emailing me that they want to work with me! These kind of days are the best kind of days.
Then the other type of days come. No emails coming in, hardly any views on my blog and companies turning me down. Some days I have honestly just wanted to stay in bed. I have thought to myself, “Was it worth it to give up a corporate job if this isn’t even going to go anywhere?” “What if nobody wants to work with me?” “What if people make fun of me?” Today marks 6 months since I started my blog and I can happily say it’s all worth it. So, here are the 5 reasons you should just go for it:
- There’s Never a Perfect Time: You can go on and on about why it’s not a good time to start something new or to take a risk but honestly no time is perfect. You just have to go for it and make it the right time. Who know’s what tomorrow brings right? My mom always told me, “Enjoy the ride you’re on, Scarlett.” I was always wondering what was next. I realized over many years that’s silly and my mom was right. Just focus on now. If you really want to start a new venture why wait for the “perfect” time when the perfect time is now.
- It Doesn’t HAVE to Be All or Nothing: This is huge. If you’re starting a blog or a business and you feel like you have to totally quit your day job right away, this isn’t the case. I blogged after work and on the weekends for a few months. Yes, my social life went downhill.. but if it’s something you really want to do you can make it work. For blogging I would take a few hours every Sunday and work on blog posts and save them as drafts on the back end and schedule them to post during the week. There’s always a way around it. Also, buying a planner and a huge calendar helped me to stay organized while doing many things at once.
- Because If You Do What You Love You Have a Better Chance at Success: It’s so hard for me to succeed at a job my heart isn’t fully committed to. I look at it like a relationship. If you are with someone you aren’t fully into do you think you’re going to be a good partner? I don’t think so. Do what you love and nurture that something until the cows come home. ( is that a real saying?)
- Because Who Cares What People Think: This is huge! I was SO worried about what people would say when I started a blog. Everyone cares what others say.. at least a little bit. No matter how smart you are, how funny you are or how pretty you are.. you will always find that mean person who will try to bring you down, but you know what? Say bye to the haters! Don’t let the fear of what others may say hold you back. You deserve to follow your dreams.
- Life’s Too Short: Whatever it is you have been wanting to do and are waiting to do, just do it. Life really is too short to keep waiting. You don’t want to look back one day and regret staying in a rut when you could have gotten out of it. I know it seems tough, and it probably will be .. but if you truly want to do something and have a passion for it stop waiting because the clock is ticking.
What is it you want to do and are holding back on? Why are you holding back? Comment below and let me know. I hope this post gives you the jump start you needed to get going. You got this!
Chat soon. XO,