So, if you’re like me and love date nights but want to switch it up a bit and show off your skills to your significant other, keep reading!
My boyfriend, Richard and I usually have date night once a week where we go out to happy hour or dinner. This week I wanted to do something different and bring the date night to our home. The first thing I did was order all of my groceries with the Shipt app, which is amazing and let’s me pick out everything easily on an app and then my groceries are delivered to my door with a smiling face. (Check out my other Shipt app post for even more info on this incredible app.)
Second, once my groceries were delivered I started cooking! I made a Parmesan chicken with garlic and lemon and a side of roasted asparagus with grated parmesan.
Thirdly, I popped a bottle of wine for me and poured a whiskey for Richard.
Next, I cued the Frank Sinatra. Frank is my go-to artist for date nights at home. Richard sipped his whiskey at the breakfast nook while I was cooking. Once the food was done I turned down the volume of Frank, just a little (not too much, no worries Frankie) and then we enjoyed our meal. It was delicious!
After dinner I broke out the chess and checkers and surprised Richard with a little book where I wrote all the things I love about him inside of it. We also indulged in some chocolate covered strawberries that I also made earlier.
This date night was super simple and so much fun! If you want to try and pull one off yourself make sure to follow the most important tips from me:
- Get your groceries delivered ( by Shipt!) so you can set the atmosphere while the groceries are on their way and not waste 2 hours at the store!
- Set the mood with music. Frank Sinatra is my favorite. Also there are lots of Romantic playlists on Spotify.
- Make something easy so you’re not stressed the entire time
- Play a fun game together like chess or cards
- Enjoy your favorite drink together
- Write a hand written card to tell your significant other how much you love them. ( hand written is always more meaningful than an email, Facebook post or text in my opinion.)
- Have fun and enjoy!
So, have I talked you into hosting a date night at home? Let me know if you decide to give it a try and good luck!